Logic Quest

on the quest for logic in ...

Friday, April 08, 2005

Bloglines vs Newsgator

Recently, I had some issues with client Pluck and I looked for a web-based rss reader.

I tried Newsgator Online for many weeks. It's better than Pluck web edition, but it was slow.
That was the reason I used client Pluck - faster aggregation and response.

And I had to click on all the pages to mark all the blogs read.
Otherwise the unread blog count just keep increasing.
This became a tedious housekeeping task.

I looked further and found Bloglines.
It's faster than Newsgator.
It has a convenient 'Mark all read' feature - no more housekeeping.
And it has 2 unsynchronised panes - one for the folders, one for the blogs.
This is a bonus - in Newsgator, the Folder pane and the blog is synchronized. This means as I scroll down a blog, the folders also scroll out of view.

For now I am keeping Bloglines.

Links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home