Logic Quest

on the quest for logic in ...

Friday, December 31, 2004

Mozilla Thunderbird

tried out Thunderbird today again.

Still do not like it better than Outlook Express.

I use Outlook Express with Popfile for mail classification.
Popfile classifies my incoming mail and prefixes the mails with the classification.
When I receive mail, OE files them into folders according to the prefix.

So [spam] mail is automatically deleted as per my message rules.

When I tried Thunderbird for a short while, I did not like it because:

1. I could define the Message filter but it did not run on receiving mail ? I expected it to but a spam sat in my Inbox.
2. the date sort on mail is buggy. I tried to sort so that my most recent mail is on top but instead got a mail that I receive in 2001 on top. Next was my 2004 mail. At the bottom was some mail in 2002. I remember having the same problem when I used Netscape mail too.

I tried to get some help by clicking on Help - not very helpful.

After the above, I did not want to use it any longer and uninstalled it.
Uninstall was clean.

Links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home